1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agfa Precisa & Fuji Multipacks of film ....

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by CollieSlave, May 29, 2018.

1. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Well-Known Member

AG Photographic state on their website that Agfa Precisa is "discontinued and out of production"! Sad news! It is suggested that Fuji no longer will provide Agfa with the film which is, in fact, a species of Provia: Fuji presumably would rather sell more Provia direct to customers thereby increasing their profits.

Also it seems that some Fuji films available in packs are to be discontinued (in fact probably are discontinued at this date) -

"The company announced earlier this month on its Japanese website that a number of multi-film packs will be discontinued starting in March 2018. Here’s the list:

Fuji say that the films will continue to be available as singles rather than in packs. BUT for how long??
    As I keen slide film user this is rather depressing!

steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I suppose discontinuing multi-packs makes some sense as the contents are the same as singles, and five items can be sold at a slightly higher price than a pack, as well as reducing inventory, without further diminishing choice of actual material.

I feel that a transparency can have a vibrance and zing that digital images can't quite match, I have been scanning some 645 transparencies from thirty-odd years ago and am enjoying viewing them.

Apparently the film sold as Agfa Precisa (by Lupus Imaging), is Fuji Trebi, which is basically a non-pro version of Provia, and was a Japanese market product. Whether this has been delisted in Japan I do not know. A friend uses this material, I have advised him of it's demise and he is going to lay in some stock.

Kodak Alaris are supposed to be introducing Ektachrome 100 at some point in the relatively near future, so there is some hope on the horizon for dedicated users of transparency film.

3. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

I'd better lay in a stock of Precisa. At the moment there seems to be enough available but for how long?

Lynn

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

As they say "when it's gone, it's gone"...

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

FWIW, Steve, that Agfa Vista 200/36 is still available in Canada :).

Cheers,

Jack