1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After a new MF camera

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by robbybobby, Sep 1, 2003.

1. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

£600 would also..............

................get him a Bronica ETR with a prism finder and a speedgrip.....................decisions decisions! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

2. robbybobby

robbybobby Well-Known Member

Re: £600 would also..............

Dunno how good the Bronnie lenses are. The RB is getting more and more tempting. I thought about the 5x4 option, John, but a 5x4 camera is quite slow and I'd like something a bit more speedy when I need it. When I shoot on the 5x4, I tend to shoot sheet film. I've always wanted an RB anyway, so I might save up for one. As I said, if I do go for one, it'll be some way off in the future, eg. November time.

Rob (Minolta-Man) NRIPN

If something's not worth doing, it's worth forgetting about.

3. JMACNALLY

JMACNALLY RIP

I'll survey the 2 in York tomorrow and maybe have a play with them, although I suspect the prices could be beaten by Ffordes etc.

<font color=purple>Johnmac</font color=purple>
    Everything is a photograph

4. robbybobby

No doubt. Anyhow, they'll almost certainly have been sold by the time I've got the money. There isn't a shop in town which has anything to do with MF or LF :-( - nearest place in Manchester.:-( :-(
    Might have to take a day trip there to see how all these MF cameras handle (Bronnie ETr/SQ, Mamiya RB/645). I want a really heavy and solid camera that's got excellent optics - all fingers are pointing towards the RB for that one.

Rob (Minolta-Man) NRIPN

5. pancaman

pancaman Well-Known Member

Earlier on in the year you were going to build your own. What has happened to that project ?

Mike Rignall

6. robbybobby

I did build one! Now I'm after a 'real' one.;-)
    Nah, I just want something with smashing optics for super-sharp prints. Building your own will produce 'fine' results, but not outstanding unless you're prepared to mess about glueing and screwing an expensive lens onto the assembly . . . which I'd rather not.

Rob (Minolta-Man) NRIPN

7. jonlee

jonlee Well-Known Member

Rob, why don't you go for a Hasselblad? There are some good bargains out there now. Handle one and see. Calumet and Leeds have merged, and they had just done a stocktake in Manchester. You'd love the Hasselblad.
    Jon