1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affordable Hasselblads?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Larry Shone, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Re: Film

They both sell HP5 in roll film and they will develop and print from it for you. Take a look at their web site.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/home.asp

2. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Cheers Wheelu,just need something to put it in now ;)

3. graflexpix

graflexpix Active Member

Hi,Folks,
    Ex-Fleet Street & Magazine photographer (retired),still use the Rolleiflex 3.5F,and Speed & Crown Graphics,in different sizes.
    My last days in Mags were using 35mm Nikons-once that was over,returned to first love,6x6,6x7.

Still retain 35mm (not digital)but left in the drawer.

Shoot Ilford HP5 120,dev in Agfa soup.

The problem with these cameras are,the questions you are asked,why,where & how.Even to the extent of having my picture taken holding the darn things.

They do create a talking point,which in turn,because they are the thinking man's camera,put's you off your stroke.You must have no mental interference.

Handled Hasselblad in the early stages of my career and were ideal for producing mag covers,although 35mm took over for that as well.

Rollei TLR are more desired than Hassle in the S/H market.Graphics, you really need to look into the S/H American market for these.The company folded in 1973.
    Hand built in Mahogany and come in several different sizes.Mainly,2x3,3x4,5x4.

Built like a tank,very rarely need servicing.Mine,never,after over 50-years.Will a digital camera last that long.

Regards.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Hardly surprising, as they're superior in every conceivable way. :D

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I got a lot of queries when out shooting with an MPP 5" x 4" Microtechnical MkVI. Trying to remember the exact sequence of closing the shutter before removing the film-holder's slide etc. when answering queries is a different world from my normal DSLR. And yes, I also have a Rollei Vb whose DA needs cocking for each shot...