1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on mirrorless camera purchase

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Philby, Jul 18, 2021.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Thanks for coming back and letting us know - genuinely. We often give advice and never hear back and it's always nice to know how it went. I love my EOS Ms.

peterba, zx9r and IvorETower like this.
  2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Don't forget that the lenses for the 450D may be usable on the M200 if you can afford the adaptor (see my post #2). Canon's own model is about £120 in the UK, but there are other cheap copies on Amazon. However, there is no guarantee the cheap copies will work, so don't buy one until you have read a review in a reputable magazine or website.

Or you could try to sell the 450D and its lenses as a set, once you have checked that all work correctly, to help pay for the M200.

zx9r likes this.
  3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Given that the original question was actually about using existing lenses on the M200, it's vanishingly unlikely the OP will have forgotten about the possibility. ;)

4. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Good to hear Philby. Now, maybe you can get her to join this site and show us some of the photos she takes with the new camera. :)

5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I have only just discovered the third-party adaptors, so if the OP wants to buy one later and little advice about confirming it has all the functions of Canon's own version might be helpful.