1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Adaptors for Pentax lenses

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by cathidaw, Feb 26, 2013.

1. cathidaw

cathidaw Well-Known Member

I have been using an online lab-for the first time ever-.They are excellent ,but I need to do my own.I'll look into Canons with 5 blacks although I 'm disappointed with the canons I've had.The one I use now- every now and again-usually when it's vital-as in club competitions - it prints silly colours and only after I take out the printer head and soak it in a dish 'til the water is clear, does it work well again.Trouble is it takes a while to dry off again in the airing cupboard, and when you're in a hurry cos you've left it 'til the last minute even tho' you've known about the comp for a few of months...................

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

As I have not tried out every printer on the market, I cannot comment on what the Canon is like. I was not intending to start a war here, just meant that the Epson with four blacks will be better than any printer with just one. It may not be the only printer good for monochrome, but the ink/paper combination from Epson is first class.

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I do beg your pardon, there was intended to be a smiley in there to indicate gentle ribbing (certainly no more, and not a real criticism) for the use of the term "accepted truth". ;) Remembered it this time. :)

4. cathidaw

Actually I was being jokey-I'm sure it's my fault.Idont read instructions properly.I have just found out that if I switch off the printer before I close the computer down the nozzles are immediately sealed to stop drying up.
    Many of my photography club friends have them with no problems. altho' most do colour
    I am looking into Epson with 4 blacks.Can't see any new R 300s around -plenty of used ones, but I'll keep looking for something similar.

5. Monobod

If your printer is an Epson, you may be advised to re think this strategy. When I had my Pro3800 rebuilt at home by Epson, the service engineer advised me not to switch the computer off. Parking the head on the pad is, I understand, for transporting the printer. Done too often it can encourage partially dried ink to clog the heads. I do not switch my printer off ever. It is in daily use, but the advice was if it were to be left for a few days between print runs, then to insert a sheet of A4 and run a nozzle check, where it prints the single pattern of sloping lines for each nozzle and do this once a week.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  6. Monobod

Don;t concern yourself, no offence taken, honest! :)

7. cathidaw

Thanks for all advice. My current printer is a canon4300
    .my christmas card is in my gallery
    happy everything to all