1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Adaptors for Pentax lenses

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by cathidaw, Feb 26, 2013.

1. cathidaw

cathidaw Well-Known Member

I have always had Pentax film cameras-still have 2 in fact and about 5 of their wonderful various pk lenses.
    I'd like to use them on my D400 canon with an adaptor, until a time --if ever I can afford a Pentax didgy. . Has any one tried it yet/

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

The lenses will probably die of shame! ;)

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

What, for the name on the front of them? ;)

Actually, PK lenses are about the only ones I own that I haven't tried on my Canons.

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Cathi,

As for as I know, there are only adapters for Pentax"screw/thread mount" lenses and a few friends have used them successfully with very nice results, albeit only in manual exposure mode :) So, if you have "pk" bayonet mount lenses I have no knowledge if there are adapters for them --- mind you, my knowledge base is pretty minimal -- well, call me a liar :eek:. There are adapters and I will put a link, below. BUT, I think the first you think you should check out in the Video from the fellow who purchased one (from Amazon) .. it works but there can might/can be issues. Also, I saw a few videos and no one used an actual Pentax lens, they were all aftermarket/third party "Pentax mount" lenses.

CLICK HERE for the LINK

Hope this helps and good luck :)

Cheers,

Jack

5. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

They DO exist - look on eBay

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Quite correct.

7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Rather than throw money at an adaptor which will give little functionality, why not just buy a used Pentax or Samsung dslr body. They are not tremendously costly, far better than mesing around with adaptors and the associated difficulties or problems.

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Because in actual fact, it won't give "little functionality" - it will allow aperture priority or manual exposure, with all metering patterns available. We're talking adaptor on Canon, not on Nikon, where there WOULD be a serious functionality issue (even if they were old Nikon lenses...but that's another story).

9. cathidaw

I hadn't thought of that, poor things.
    I'll take advice from another contributer and try to get a PENTAX dslr body on ebay. even if it means beans for me for ever.
    tHANKS EVERYONE

10. cathidaw

OF COURSE IT'S FOR THE NAME. WHAT DO YOU THINK I am?
    I dont care whats on the front as long as it works well
    Thanks anyway

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Er, my post was a joke saying that's what they were in shame of... ;)

12. thornrider

thornrider In the Stop Bath

Do-able - but it will be a lot of messing about and a life of severe restrictions - hardly worth the bother?

13. Roy5051

See my reply on your other thread.

Incidentally, it can be confusing to prospective helpers asking the same question on two separate threads, albeit with different wording.

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Again, we're not talking Nikon - there aren't "severe" restrictions on a Canon.

15. Oggy

Oggy RIP

Is this what you want?

16. Roy5051

17. thornrider

As you can see with Roy's post it's perfectly straight forward :

No, that is for fitting PK to a Nikon. He wants one for fitting to a 400D which is a Canon.

QED

18. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Precisely - so why list Nikon problems that don't exist with Canons? :confused:

19. thornrider

Just because adaptors are not simple - and unless you are trying to fit Leica lenses (for example) on a non-Leica camera there isn't really much point in trying - IMHO

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

And that's based on how much experience? I use Contax/Yashica, Rollei QBM, M42 and Praktica B adaptors on EOS, OM and M42 on MFT, and EOS, FD and Leica M on EOS EF-M. It's dead easy, and allows me to use a lot of decent - and some awful - lenses that I already own. I've been using some of these for a very long time, on film before digital. On a Nikon, yes, it's probably more bother than it's worth, but it's very very simple on the systems I use it on. Oh, and I forgot my Pentax Q - not too tricky on that, either.