1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaaagh!!..........help!

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by taxor, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

My (black) 139 is terrible, but I've never got round to fitting the (genuine Contax) replacement covering. It has the burgundy ERC, though.

My 137 had been inexpertly recovered before I bought it, and I've thought about giving it a custom job, but it actually feels rather nice, so I've not bothered.

2. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

My RTS (Mk1) is perfect my 137MA looks like it's been chewed by a dog! I have had them both since (almost) new and they have both been used on holiday. I think it was mosquito repellent in 1995 that started to rot the 137's 'leather' but had no effect on the RTS.

3. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

It seems one of the losses with modern (digital) cameras that they don't lend themselves to re-covering ... or does anyone know differently?

4. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

I have seen a few second hand EOS 1D mk2s and mk3s with peeling coverings but the state of some of the ex pro gear in Jacobs and Aperture it's to be expected. And with so much other cosmetic damage a re-spray would in order too, now if only you could reset the shutter release counter as well.

5. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Well it took a while, but here it is. It's a more sober shade of red than I'd anticipated but what the hell... [​IMG]

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Blimey!

Quite like it though. :cool: