1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A77 for £690. Too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by gwmainprize, Jan 21, 2013.

1. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

another vote for Digital Rev ..I've purchased all my equipment from them with good customer service - I had to return a filter with no issues and there delivery is fast!! even to a sleepy village in Spain

2. Inizinalba

Inizinalba Member

Ooops, didn't mean to cast any doubt on this companies validity (or mine [​IMG]) but only to note in the context of 'too good to be true' that I've had a good outcome with this vendor..... I agree, check out each of these deals on their own merit.

Personally I'll be happy enough to do business with them again...

Good luck!

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Equally, my apologies for casting doubt on you - and welcome to these forums, Innes (if my Googling is correct!) :cool:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. Molendinar

Molendinar Well-Known Member

Are the prices at SLRhut really so great?

I just checked for the new Sony E-mount 16-50mm OSS lens, and SLRhut is asking £349.95.

CameraPriceBuster shows a best deal (WEX) of £309. And that's from a genuine UK retailer. No contest, methinks.

I also used SLRhut contact form to the Customer Services dept yesterday, to ask them about what Customs charges I might expect if I ordered anything from them; I had an email in response - obviously automated - just saying "call this number and talk to us for the answers to your questions".

Well if I wanted to do that, I'd have done it in the first place, thank you. There's nothing (well, few things) that p*ss me off more than customer service depts which don't/won't answer what you asked them. It was a simple question, would have taken a one-line answer, but now I feel suspicious that they gave me a body-swerve instead of being upfront with me.

So on two counts, they would not get my custom.

Your mileage may vary...

5. thornrider

thornrider In the Stop Bath

It would worry me if I bought a camera that came from the US and it was 20% cheaper than the UK equivalent, and there wasn't a customs declaration form on the outside of the package, and UK Customs hadn't sent me a form asking for VAT payment - that at some time in the future there would either be a knock at the door or a customs duty bill in the post. For peace of mind there has to be a written answer in the T and C's how this has been covered.

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I once thought I'd got away with duties only to get an invoice in the post a week or so later.