1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A65 help

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by studio28sw, Jan 4, 2015.

1. studio28sw

studio28sw New Member

So I have recently got a nice a65 DSLR/DSLT. Very nice it is as well, howver I have recently had a small issue with the lens , If you scroll down on the photo ypu will see the camera and its lens, however mine has recently after I put a jessops lens hood on it, has meant that the lens now when I take a photo means that I'am getting an almost black alo like edge around the view of what I'am shooting.
    help please.

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Assuming this is a serious question the answer is simple. The hood is causingg this vignetting. If you use the proper Sony hood this will not occur.

3. studio28sw

studio28sw New Member

Thankyou for thhe quick response, I've taken that hood off now, and it is still occuring though. also I think part of the lens hood fitting is still on the front of the camera, could this be causing it .

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

You've been had. BSA made the A65, not Sony: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSA_A65_Star

Apart from that, though, yes, the hood fitting could easily be causing the vignetting. Why not take it off and see?

Cheers,

R.

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

If it has not unscrewed (broken!) the bulky frame of the hood could cause this. I assume it is worse at the 18mm setting than at 55mm.