1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A330 Pictures off center.

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by Theskinny1, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Theskinny1

Theskinny1 Member

Hi, I hope someone can help, or at least point me in the right direction.

Recently noticed that the pictures my 330 is taking doesnt line with what im seeing in the viewfinder.

its atleast a couple of inches out when taking a portrait.

What could this be? is it an easy/cheap repair or am i looking at a new body?

Thanks

James

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

We seem to be having a greater than usual number of Sony problems all of a sudden.

Most cameras do not have totally accurate viewfinders, usually there is a bit more on the picture than in the viewfinder, that is normal. If it is out of line it may not be worth a repair.

3. Theskinny1

Theskinny1 Member

Thanks for the quick reply, the view finder is considerably out, and seems to be more so when taking photos in portrait. Maybe time to start saving for an upgraded body then.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The pentamirror system may be misaligned. A local dealer here has a used A37 with kit lens on sale at £169

5. Theskinny1

Theskinny1 Member

Had a look about online, and its maybe something to do with the Steadyshot system. I cant turn it on or off in the settings menu anymore, and it the graph is flashing up through the view finder.

6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

That too is possible, there does seem to be some incidence of failures with the system.

7. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Sounds as if the steady shot mechanism has broken. Is the steady shot menu function greyed out and lights flashing in the viewfinder. It happened to my A290 and the best case repair was a bit more than £100 but probably more.
    Advanced technology is great until you have to pay for a repair!!!