1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

A3 Printer going free Edinburgh

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WillieJ, Sep 23, 2020.

1. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Have just set up my ne SC P800 so I am looking to give away my fully working R2880 with roughly 3/4 full tanks, complete with paper roll adapter. I previously adapted it for a lyson bulk ink system but the tubes clogged up on me - I assume once you do the conversion you need to print a lot immediately to clear releasing fluid out of the tubes. I have left the clips and bump stops in place in case anyone wants to try converting for them selves. Gave it a head clean and did a couple of prints a few weeks ago. Might need a light head clean but no point in me doing it and the it sitting around. Can't find the software disk but its avalable on line - I had to download the software after I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier this year.
    It's in South Edinburgh and can be picked up from here or I can deliver to a reasonable (AKA) short distance or meet part way.
    Kind Regards
    Willie

dream_police, dazdmc and ascu75 like this.
  2. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I gave up on printers. My local copy shop charge so little and have printers worth thousands I send stuff to them when I want prints done. Also I am the other end of country in Margate the collection cost would be huge :eek::D
    Don

WillieJ likes this.
  3. dazdmc

dazdmc Well-Known Member

I'd be very happy to take this off your hands if it's still available Willie? Sent you a message.

thanks

darren

4. WillieJ

Printer now allocated to Darren.

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  5. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Damn - just as I took off in my Learjet to come and pick it up! :D

6. WillieJ

My lanfing strip was ploughed up for potatos at the start of lockdown.:)

spinno likes this.
  7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

That is some plough you have there, a Lear is only certificated for concrete runways!

8. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Nah - it was just a plain field, been used as an airfield for years. I probably would have risked it, despite all those damn' holes left by the Luftwaffe eighty years ago.

Instead, maybe a low, slow pass with the door open, and a good throw ...

9. WillieJ

If I tried to throw a printer of that weight I would probably break my foot.