1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

a warm glow

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by monkeys bunny, Jul 4, 2011.

1. monkeys bunny

monkeys bunny Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

was thinking at first of this months comp, not because i think i can win but more so i can try to take different pictures. I like this but my husband doesnt, what do you think?

2. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

I like your idea but am not sure there's enough in the image to grab anyone's attention apart from them trying to work out what it is. How about having another go and trying some different angles ? Hope you don't get burnt. :)

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Agree with that. Interesting idea, but just not executed the way you probably envisaged it.

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I can see what attracted you but I think the image has more than you need and there's perhaps a weakness in the main point of attention.

In the version below I've cropped it to a square but kept the flame off centre and set the corners to the corners of the glass with the intent of using their slight convergence to direct the eye toward the flame a little more. I've also darkened down the corners slightly to further focus attention on the brightest area...

[​IMG]

Just the sort of unusual viewpoint that appeals to me. Keep looking for other opportunities, it really helps to train the 'seeing eye'...