1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

A Small Shout-out to Nikon Support...

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by SXH, Mar 9, 2020.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I recently bought a second V2 body - I like the camera and wanted a spare body in case the first went belly-up.

After testing and faffing around with the first body and various lenses, I discovered that both bodies were fine (I had thought there might be a problem with the new body), but my two 10-30mm VR (not the PZ version) lenses had a problem. So I checked for known problems.

There's a Technical Service Advisory about it on the relevant Nikon Support site. However, it's about five years old, the lenses are obsolete and anyway, I got them used. But I e-mailed Nikon Support and yes, they will honour the promise in the TSA to fix the problem for free.

That was a couple of weeks ago. I have just received the lenses back and they are working fine.

So, a virtual pat on the back for Nikon and their service people.

Oh, and if you have a D810, D750, Z7 or Z6, it might be worth you checking out the TSA page.

Zou likes this.
  2. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

If you register your product, new or used, with Nikon there will be a note against it on the My Camera Bay page if there is a Technical Support Advisory relating to it.

3. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

You’re having more luck than me! My D800 suffers from intermittently losing contact with the lens, and earlier this year I sent it in for a 2nd repair of the mount. Nikon emailed to say they had done the repair, I paid for it, and received their acknowledgement of receipt of payment Thursday 5 March. Not having received my camera, I phoned about midday Thursday 12th. They phoned back Friday morning to say they needed to make further checks, and again that afternoon to confirm it had left their premises, but they hadn’t managed to track it yet. Their Repair Status website states “Your product was shipped on 06/03/2020”.

Today I got their email ‘Are you satisfied with your Nikon repair-service? (Nikon's Customer survey)’!

I miss my camera.

Chris

4. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

Monday 16 March Nikon emailed to say their courier had experienced difficulty with the shipment on its way to their Mail Distribution Centre, but assuring me they expected my equipment to be delivered later this week.

Thursday 19 March Nikon emailed to confirm that my camera had reached the Mail distribution centre. Their courier had faced difficulty reaching their mail hub, which caused a delay in a shipment of equipment reaching the hub, but my parcel would be passed to DPD today for delivery in the next few working days. "Please be assured, DPD will be in contact with you to let you know the one hour time window the driver is due to be with you."

Friday 20 March a DPD van arrived unannounced about midday! Unsurprisingly, due to COVID-19, we were in to receive it. At last I have my D800 back, repaired as before.

Chris

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Over the last year or so I have bought a number of spares from Nikon and their service has been excellent. I was quite surprised at what they would actually supply, the front rubber grip (the bit with the FX badge) for a D4 and zoom rings for a 16-85 and 24-70. I know they will supply the rubber base for the cameras that have one but not the joystick covers for the D4 (the can only get them as part of a repair).

I have to say that they have always been helpful.