1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Sedate Forum

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by RonM, Sep 16, 2003.

1. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

The Minolta forum was once in the recent past a quiet little forum discussing serious matters in relation to Minolta Photography until Huws' challenge came along and just about every bit of S/H Minolta 35mm gear got snapped up, Oh and Inflatable was a bit bored at work, now we're up there with the Nikon, Canon and Leica forums where regular postings and frivolity abound.

<font color=blue>RonM CRIPN</font color=blue>
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

2. Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson Well-Known Member

3. JMACNALLY

JMACNALLY RIP

All my Minolta's work, which is more than can be said for any Olympus I have owned!

<font color=purple>Johnmac</font color=purple>
    Everything is a photograph

4. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

now we're up there with the Nikon, Canon and Leica forums where regular postings and frivolity abound.

Trouble is, Ron, I can't work out whether you're pleased about that, or justifiably livid! :)

Huw Evans.

www.huwevans.freeuk.com

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Oh, fie!
    My OM1n, OM2n, OM10, XA, XA-1, Mju II, Pen EE-2 and Camedia 3000Z all work just fine. (May have missed one there!)
    On the other hand, I don't own a Minolta camera. A Minolta scanner, yes; and it's the bestest. And a Minolta-made camera, which is superbluous.

Mind you, I would sooner keep my Minolta kit than my Olympii.

Nick BSRIPN

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

This place wasn't sedate before. If it wasn't for the desparate ministations by Ron in the way of emergency treatment it would've been diagnosed clinically dead./img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Nick BSRIPN

7. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

I'll leave you to ponder that one Huw/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif 'cause I'm not exactly sure myself, I mean it was just me, Fen, Geoff and one or two others who being owners of Minolta kit could enter this site of tranquillity and ponder the great workings of the various pieces of technological marvels which Minolta have produced for us over the years, now, you've all got em!

8. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Git/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif are you making out that like Will I've only been here in the guise of a paraMinoldic?

9. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

I knew this would happen, Ron. Now if I had been the only newcomer, we could have sedately discussed the merits of my Rokkors without interjections from the riff-raff (most of whom really belong in the Gasfire Parlour).

Clive - the man with the beautiful rokkors.

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

the riff-raff (most of whom really belong in the Gasfire Parlour

Ahem! :)

Oh yes, and you may have beautiful Rokkors, but my Clubman has a certain je ne sais quoi. :)

[And my XE-1 is just goooooorgeous! :p]

Huw Evans.

www.huwevans.freeuk.com

11. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

I got a second body - another cheapie - an X-300 which was Minolta's version of the acclaimed Centon DF-300 and it's a nice little job.

12. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

I'm after it's bigger brother the X700 which will go nicely with my f/1.4 MD/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif
    Pleasant chats doesn't that sound like a convivial sedate manner to pass an Autumn evening

13. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

And my XE-1 is just goooooorgeous!

Grrrrr! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Tim BSRIPN
    [​IMG]

14. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

The X300 (I thought you might rise to my Centon remark, Ron) is a nice little job - aperture priority with manual over-ride - and it doesn't need my mercuries /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Clive

15. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Actually Clive it was as I said I'm after an X700 anyone with any sense knows that Centon cameras are kack/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif just poor copies of the excellent Minolta version

16. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Well Ron, now I'm Three-Minolta man. One for IR, one for 400 B&W and one for slow B&W/colour. Today it was Delta 400 in the SRT100X. Tomorrow? Who knows?

17. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

At least Clive you appreciate good cameras and have now seen the light and have found Minolta/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

18. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Ere, he hasn't told us how much that X300 cost him yet! Hope he isn't trying to slip in a ringer over budget! I'm on to you Fangs! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

19. Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson Well-Known Member

Clive does apprecitate does good cameras, but this Minolta thing is just a slip up. He is getting on a bit. And at his time in life , well he can be forgiven.

/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Steve C Thompson
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.thompson90/Index.htm

20. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

You're turning into a pretty hard taskmaster over this challenge Will - what eejit let you be a judge anyway? ;-)

Huw Evans.

www.huwevans.freeuk.com