1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quasi Royal thread - sorry

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MickLL, Jan 20, 2020.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Probably right. It wasn't OK in 1937, so why would it be now?

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Brexit has done./ Is doing major damage to some of my family.and friends. Personally I am a republican but the Royals do seem to offer some amusing diversions so they are not in the same league.

NickM likes this.
  3. NickM

NickM Well-Known Member

It's already happening. I believe they're in the middle of suing the Mail right now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49901047

4. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I'm with you there. Nothing I've read could be taken as being racist. Sorry - there were a couple , just a couple , of clearly racist comments early on but not in the printed media which is what I was referring to.

It may also have something to do with her having opinions that she shares quite freely. Royals are supposed to be seen but not heard!!

MickLL

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

What a load of carbuncles!:rolleyes:

6. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I should have put the word political in there somewhere. Royals are definitely not expected to express political opinions - or even join into a controversial issue. Charles has been chastised a number of times for comments on modern architecture.

mickLL

7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It’s certainly one of the conventions but there have been several times when it’s been honoured in the breach.

8. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

The british gutter press are simply pathetic.................

Lynn