1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

A place to share quarantine photos

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Dan S, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

@RovingMike That's lovely Mike. A beautiful place to live and walk.

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

From Walton, one of our routes takes up past the old Windmill, which few people know is there, as it is completely overgrown in private grounds. Last post mill in Surrey, I believe:

[​IMG]P4260321 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

From there we can come back through Tadworth old village and a pond with duck house:

[​IMG]P4260327 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

Done_rundleCams, miked and Catriona like this.
  3. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

One of my regular walks is to the much neglected Victorian section of Warriston Cemetery, about 10 minutes from my front door.

The place is alive with birdsong . . . .

DSC4487 Warriston1.JPG

DSC4534 Warriston2.jpg

DSC4540 Warriston3.jpg

DSC4544 Warriston4.jpg

daft_biker, Dan S, Geren and 3 others like this.
  4. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

. . . . or walk to Stockbridge and check out the 'Antony Gormley'

DSC6791 Antony Gormley #2.jpg

daft_biker, Dan S, Geren and 5 others like this.
  5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

A (moderately) amusing pic from this mornings run to the shops...

30932cess.jpg

The local pet supplies shop is still open (eh?) and still putting a couple of bowls of water outside for customers' dogs. No dogs about at the moment, so the local wild-life, in this case feral pigeons, found their own use for it. And with few people passing by, those that do get ignored. Nothing new there, really.

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

In homage to Alan_W's man in the water ..... from Deep Cove, BC ..

Apr16-20-AP-Thurs-DSCN1331 (1) copy.jpg Apr16-20-AP-Thurs-DSCN1315 (1) copy.jpg

Cheers,

Jack

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Since we are on streams, this is Becky. I took this as we were filming in our stream (don't ask!) for a short video for her degree. As you probably know, the mask was made out of silicone in the past couple of weeks.

[​IMG]becky stream by Nigel G, on Flickr

Catriona and Done_rundleCams like this.
  8. Done_rundleCams

One last from the Deep Cove, sequence .... you can never escape :eek: ....

Apr16-20-AP-Thurs-DSCN1324 copy 2.jpg

;)

Jack

Catriona and Gezza like this.
  9. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

dead.jpg Dead

not-dead.jpg Not dead

IR-Pip.jpg And of course, there must be a dog...

S

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Acquired Fujifilm X-A5 Full Spectrum conversion, all manner of infrared playdays

11. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Things must be bad. I've had to resort to ABLT. In this instance Hawthorn clinging on to the steep sides of a combe.
    lone tree.jpg

Catriona and Done_rundleCams like this.
  12. Catriona

ap bike exercise ride.jpg

ap kate on bridge over river beside golf course.jpg

Me and my shopping looking at a very low river.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  13. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Me too. This tree wasn't as lone as I would have liked, don't, therefore, look too close.

[​IMG]ABLT by Nigel G, on Flickr

14. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Welsh-poppy.jpg

Meconopsis cambrica.

S

15. Catriona

A beauty of a picture too.

16. Done_rundleCams

Speaking of lonely flowers, from the same area as the water photos ....

Apr16-20-AP-Thurs-DSCN1394 copy.jpg

Cheers,

Jack

Dan S, spinno, Catriona and 3 others like this.
  17. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

The Leo Triplet (Yes, photo'd in lockdown)
    This is 29 1/2 hours worth of exposures over eight nights from the 10th to the 29th April, and made up of RGB, Hydrogen alpha, and Luminance.
    Plus a LOT of hard work and swearing to process it into something resembling a photo.
    The faint streamer (Which may or may not show in this JPEG) from the top galaxy is a "Tidal Tail" of stars pulled loose by interaction with the bottom left galaxy. Revealing it needs a very dark, clear sky and lots of data. Mine was only just dark and clear enough, plus I could use more data.
    HaLRGB 29 Hour Reduced.jpg

This is it until late July / early August as the nights are too light and short.

Craig20264, Dan S, Learning and 5 others like this.
  18. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Grasses, Swyre footpath to Chesil Beach
    _DSF3617.jpg

19. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I have done a few -Still-Lifes' on our Black Shiny Kitchen Table ( Don't tell The Wife ! )
    Loaded some very old outdated Fuji Super HG 1600 given to me by a Local Newspaper years ago for doing Floodlit Football -- it has a huge Fog Level but gives 'Interesting' Results ! Here I used daylight + F-Zuiko Auto-S lens
    [​IMG]Very Old Grainy Fuji Super HG 1600 and OM-2n by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    I used a roll of March 1983 dated AGFA Professional N 80 L film found in fridge in my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM with the 80mm f2.8 CFE Planar T* and a short extension tube. LIGHTS were the Modelling Lights in my German 'Multiblitz' studio flashes and I metered with a Weston Master V Incident Light method. I gave 3 times and 5 times indicated exposure because of age of film .
    [​IMG]Still=Life on old Agfa Professional N 80 L by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Here I used my 1968 MAMIYA PRESS Super 23 and used 'back swing' to get the plane of focus slanting and it gave very good results. I used one of my last rolls of 02/2007 dated ILFORD XP2 400 Super and home-processed in 'well-used' C41 for 5 mins @ 100oF rating film at 250ASA and using 'Incident Light' metering with a British WESTON MASTER V .
    [​IMG]Still=Life with Mamiya Press Super 23 and 2007 XP2400 Super by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

[​IMG]Still=Life with Mamiya Press Super 23 and 2007 XP2400 Super by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Dan S, Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.
  20. Done_rundleCams

Gret photos, Pete, and thanks for all the details :)

Cheers,

Jack