1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A place to share quarantine photos

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Dan S, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

You live in Westbourne?

2. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

How many of us in the Bournemouth, Chritschurch, Poole conurbation?
    I'm near the Lansdowne now, but still shop at Branksome Tesco, Lidl and Homebase.

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And they've used the very light traffic through town to redo the road markings at a usually very busy junction:
    40017ces.jpg
    Though their kerning is a bit iffy!

NB: no particular political point intended by this picture. Not that my disclaimer will convince certain forumites... ;)

Dan S likes this.
  4. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

They have no idea of how to space letters though !!!! It is L OOK left

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

And it is crying out for some googley eyes in the O's

EightBitTony, SXH and Stephen Rundle like this.
  6. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

I remember Weymouth, when I and my (now parted) gf/wife started going out we went to Weymouth Sea Barn farm camp site for 9 years running, I REMEMBER the train in the town :) :) :)

Even the woman in the car park now a nature area ! remembered us each year, now it is too built up for me

Gezza likes this.
  7. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I saw a video of a guy painting the little bicycle in a cycle lane. He did it freehand. I thought it would have been done with some sort of stencil or template, so it was very impressive to watch.

8. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

I’m between westbourne and alum chine

9. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Small world, as a kid .I sang in the choir at St Ambrose, even went carol singing along Portarlington rd and Marlborough rd one year, some very generous houses.

Gezza likes this.
  10. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

2020-05-30 10.38.12 - Copy.jpg

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Did a bit of baking this morning - actually started last night, you have to soak the fruit in cold tea overnight - a nice Yorkshire (they claim) Tea Loaf.

3718cess.jpg

Can't eat it all as I'm having trouble keeping my weight down, so help yourselves to a slice...

AndyTake2, Catriona and Dan S like this.
  13. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

That looks delicious!

14. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

It is rather nice - but should keep up to two weeks in a sealed container. I hope so or my waistline is going to turn into an equator!

It's from the recipe in Fast Cakes by Mary Berry - can't find the recipe online, at least not that one. The recipe for Perfect Scones in the same book is a good one too - even works for me, apart from the fruit scones - whatever I do, the fruit sinks to the bottom.

Dan S likes this.
  15. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Playing with extension tubes...

Carpet pile extension tubes GH2 P1320268.JPG

Electric cable extension tubes GH2 P1320270.JPG

Crumpled alluminium foil extension tubes GH2 P1320263.JPG

Slipper decoration extension tubes GH2 P1320269.JPG

Radiator paint damage extension tubes GH2 P1320272.JPG

Dan S likes this.
  16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Looks lovely. Known as a brack here. The one I buy is stuffed with fruit and delicious. I know the baker's brother, so very pukka! Ha!

SXH likes this.
  17. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

In Wales it's known as Bara Brith (which I always confuse with B'nai B'rith - something else entirely!:eek:). It's a fairly common sort of thing, most places have a version of it, just that the Yorkshire mob tend to be a bit possessive about it...

I'm thinking of going experimental and trying an 'exotic' one, if I can get hold of some dried banana/mango/pineapple/whatever and soaking them in lemon tea (or rose/jasmine?) instead of the ordinary blend. Maybe even one with dried peppers/ tomatoes - not sure what I'd soak them in though. More news as and when...

Catriona likes this.
  18. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  19. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Earl Grey would be interesting too?

20. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Or possibly Lady Grey - more citrusy, uses lemon rather than bergamot.

Catriona likes this.