1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

A nice pair of tits........ (3 images)

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Rustyknight, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And an Egret.....

[​IMG]

All from Arne in Dorset, taken this morning.

Moderators note - number of images placed in subject line for the benefit of those with slow connections.

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Re: A nice pair of tits........

VG Rusty, I especially enjoyed #1, excellent BG :cool:

3. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

Number 1 is fab - I have tried many times without success to photo longtailed tits, they are so small and quick. Respect :cool:

4. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Hi Mike, I love the Long-tailed Tit, they are seriously cute and usually gregarious. I often find them following me in small groups along a hedge.

The Coal Tit is a lovely pose and has a great background but I'd like to see some eye detail or a catchlight.

The Little Egret iis great, good framing and timing with room in the shot for the bird to fly in to.

Excellent stuff. :D

5. Rustyknight

Glad they're appreciated. :D

The long tailed tit shot made the morning worthwhile, with a bonus of getting the egret in flight.

I "almost" got a goldcrest too, which would have been the icing on the cake, but the Bigma struggled on focusing quickly enough before bird legged it......

6. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Sorry, I thought we were in Appraisal, I just came back to delete my post. :eek:

Yeah, those Goldcrests are quick, looks like there's a few of us after one.

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

^WHS^ ;) :D

8. Rustyknight

I think the shot below is a Goldcrest (though I'm not entirely sure). Unfortunately he was way above me up in a tree and I didn't see his head.

Of course, as mentioned above, the one that I did manage to get head on was way out of focus.... :(

[​IMG]

9. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Yep, I'd say that's Goldcrest.

10. Rustyknight

Thanks for that Richard. When I first saw him above me, I thought it was possibly a nuthatch or treecreeper.

11. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

We had a Nuthatch investigate the bird feeders in the garden at lunchtime, my 'one that got away' sob story this time is: I had a face full of pasty. :D Going to one to look out for though, very attractive birds.

12. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Wow. Love the 1st shot Rusty. Excellent. :)

13. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

very nice indeed, no1 is a cracker