1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little burst of colour

Discussion in 'Colour or Not' started by hotd, Aug 9, 2003.

1. hotd

hotd Well-Known Member

I took a few photos of sunflowers last evening. Yes, more ferking flowers, but I love sunflowers. Sorry, Will!

Helen

[​IMG]

Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow. -Imogen Cunningham.

2. Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson Well-Known Member

Not sure about this. Call me old fasioned but I prefer the main object to be fuly framed. not off to one side.

But I cannot find fault with the technical side of the shot. Nice and sharp where it matters. Depth of clolour perfect.

[​IMG]
    Sinister and proud of it

3. hotd

hotd Well-Known Member

"Old-fashioned"! Only kidding /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

I have this one as well, but I'm not as keen on it...

[​IMG]

Helen

Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow. -Imogen Cunningham.

4. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

Both are great photos, personally I like the first one best.

So a big thrrrrpppppppp to Steve /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

The main thing though is I'm incredibly jealous of you being able to take photos of fields of sunflowers. If only they grew them like that here in the UK /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

fen.

<iframe width="450" height="89" scrolling="no" src="http://www.fenris.co.uk/banner.htm"></iframe>

5. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Well shot Helen, I prefer the first one too!
    I drove past two fields of sunflowers on Sunday. In one field, the main flowers were already past their best, and the other field were still not fully open. They weren't very tall, and to be quite honest, were a bit of a let-down after Helen's shots. The petals were small and squat, and not very pretty. I didn't even bother to load the film in my camera!
    I did manage to get a bunch (well, 3 stems!) of nice examples from Asda's of all places, and took some black and white shots of those instead.
    Jo.

Bye For Now,
    Jo/img/wwwthreads/wink.gifBecause I'm worth it! (Blatantly Nicked from TV advert.)

6. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

i like the first one, the second one really needs a square format with the flower slightly off centre OR completely filling the frame.

I don't do people!