1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A deal, a kick, another kick and a moral...

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by Sly, May 16, 2001.

1. Sly

Sly Member

Guys and Gals, I have recently purchased a 700SI. I got a great deal at Jessops! They were just releasing their new catalogue when, I saw a deal in their (at that point) latest one. I saw a Sigma 28-80mm Lens, Grip & 700SI Body for £349 Inclusive! Result! They just managed to scrape the kit together, argued about the deal stating that it had finished and then moaning cause I wanted to pay by cheque...(I paid with cash in the end)

What got me was that after going through all the hassle, three days later I saw a 700SI, Strap, 28 - 80 & 70 - 300 Lenses, Bag, Tripod and Flash gun for £550 in Cash Converters!

Needless to say I had the hump and kicked myself repeatedly for being so stoopid and not waiting!!!

The moral of the story? Look around first! Cash Converters (any second-hand place too) can be a great place to visit if you are in the mood for something different and have a few quid burning a hole in your pocket!

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Good advice Mike. There are bargains to be had out there. I once sold a mint condition X700 kit to Cash Converters when I was a bit strapped for cash once.(Needed beer money, you will understand Mike). However, I would sound a note of caution as you could also quite easily buy a "pig in a poke". At least Jessops offer a warranty on S/H goods. Buyer beware, but don't let that put you off looking.
    BigWill