1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of a bargain.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Sejanus.Aelianus, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

I've just aquired a Panny GM5, from John Lewis, for £300. That includes the full 2 year guarantee. It was a display model and missing the box and battery, so batteries are coming from Amazon.

This thing is seriously tiny, here it is next to my current default camera, the E-PL5 with a 9~18mm and then next to a G-2 with the 45~200mm...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That's a great deal, well done. How much are the batteries? The GM5 is a camera which has just about everything I want in a camera, on paper at least. Don't need another camera though...

3. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

I bought the ExPro twin pack at £18 (+ £9 for next day delivery).

After a single day, I'm very impressed. It's a real take anywhere camera with a decent sized sensor in a really compact format. The standard lens is very nice as well.

I'm going to be selling off a lot of kit soon. I have three digital systems, two film systems and way too many digital compacts. This will replace several other older cameras and I'll reform my lens selection at the same time.

Here's one of today's shots, about half of the 4:3 image...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Nice one, Senator. Saved about £200 - £250! Like the look of the GMs. Canon Chris has one. He speaks highly of it. It's almost pocketable, certainly with baggy trousers, depending on the lens fitted. However, it should match anything in Panny's range for output, again depending on lens, as well as most other digi-cams from any maker.