1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7dayshop.com

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Noby39, May 12, 2011.

1. Noby39

Noby39 Active Member

Does anyone know if there is a problem at 7dayshop? I ordered several rolls of 35mm film last month. My card has been charged with the amount of the purchase. The film has not arrived. I've emailed 7dayshop twice in the past 10 days but have received no response to my question: when do I get the film I've paid for. The website says that a copy of my email will be sent to my email address. That has not happened on either occasion.

Oddly, the day after I ordered and paid for the film, I was contacted by Barclaycard fraud section querying my most recent 3 purchases using my card, including the 7dayshop purchase. The B'card chap I spoke with mentioned two amounts being charged to my account by 7dayshop, one for £1 (which usually triggers alarm bells at B'card because fraudsters will test whether an account exists with a £1 charge and if that works then they'll go for a big hit). Anyway, my B'card account has been charged only for the correct amount of the 7dayshop purchase.

2. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

Have you logged in --> my account --> history, to check the status of the order?

3. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

I would first do as Alan suggests.I`ve bought from them last week with no problems.

4. Noby39

Noby39 Active Member

I logged into my account last week and it says against the order "Processed". It shows that I've paid for the film; also that there is plenty of the film in stock. Yet, no film and no replies to my emails. Very odd. In the past, goods ordered have arrived within a few days.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

"Processed" means they've processed your order, not that they've despatched it. I've personally never had the slightest problem with them, but going back over the years, yours is not the first more or less identical issue - the material always seems to turn up in the end, though.

6. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

..... and I've never had a response to an email sent to them through their web-site.

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I have, twice, and fairly quickly after the enquiry - which makes the whole thing all the more odd.

8. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Though they can sometimes be slow to dispatch goods,they do despatch every time.
    In my experience you`re more likely to get problems with *Royal Snail than 7dayshop.

*I`ve had a fair few problems with them in recent years.That`s the only reason I won`t subscribe to AP.

9. beelzebomb

beelzebomb Member

Anyone used their affiliated company, snapmad.com ?

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yup, recently mostly for canvas prints, which are pretty good for the money.

11. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Yes, I tried them recently as I received a special offer. I just used them for 6x4" enprints.

Compared with the online print service I usually use (Photobox), I found the quality on both to be excellent, but Snapmad seems to print slightly warmer and more saturated. I found the Snapmad uploading process to be a pain, it required updating Java, and still didn't work properly. I ended up using the individual file upload - somewhat tedious for 76 files! Potobox's java uploader "just works" and is convenient to use, and they also have ftp upload (though that doesn't always work :( )

Snapmad seem to be a little slower in printing and delivering - 4 days from order, compared with 2-3 days for Photobox, though they may have been swamped with orders from the special offer. However, I found their packing method (a paper bag with a transparent side stuffed in a jiffy bag) distinctly inferior to Photobox's card wallet inside a stout cardboard envelope.

Although for some quantities and payment options, Snapmad work out slightly cheaper, I think I'm sticking with Photobox for small prints, and DS Colour Labs for larger stuff.

12. beelzebomb

beelzebomb Member

Thanks Alex, that's really quite helpful - I'll look at photobox too.

13. Noby39

Noby39 Active Member

I have resorted to sending a letter via Royal Mail, asking for the films I've paid for, as 7dayshop still do not respond to yet a further email that I have sent to them. Maybe the letter will touch the spot that emails do not, or cannot, reach.

14. Noby39

Noby39 Active Member

The films arrived. They came in today's post. I've not yet had an explanation for the unusual delay.

15. beelzebomb

beelzebomb Member

I've only bought once from 7day, not the quickest delivery I've ever experienced, but the price for Velvia was good and they did arrive..

16. james19

james19 Well-Known Member

I've used 7dayshop for years. Delivery isn't quick, expect a week or so at least, and if an item isn't in stock them you
    might have to wait a lot longer but everything has always arrived from them.

17. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

And they normally send you an email if particular goods are out of stock.

18. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

So 7 days isn't the expected delivery time?

19. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

I would think not, it probably means that they are accessible for trading 7 days a week.

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

They used to be known as 7weekshop around here...:rolleyes: