1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7000i

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by TH-Photos, Apr 6, 2005.

1. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

I've just been given a Dynax 7000i with 50mm 1.7 lens, Sigma 90mm Macro, and Sigma 24-70 3.5-5.6. I have spent the morning cleaning it all. The only missing parts are an eye cup and lens cap for the 90mm.

I got it working with a new battery and have figured out most of the functions, they seem to be fairly standard for an AF camera. Removing the cover on the hotshoe reveals a dedicated connection. Is there an adaptor to enable a PC connector to studio flash? I have also found the slot for cards to be inserted, to extend the range of features, What cards were available and which were the most useful?

Sorry if these are basic questions, this is the first time I've played with a Minolta.

Ted

2. GeoffC

GeoffC Well-Known Member

An adaptor is available for the Dyanax shoe to convert to a standard ISO shoe. This one from Jessops seems to also have a PC socket. The bad news is it costs £24. /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

[​IMG]

I'm sure Ron will come along shortly to advise about the expansion cards. What Ron doesn't know about Minoltas ain't worth knowing!

BTW, I'm not sure if the 7000i came with an eyecup as standard, but the ones I have seen haven't had them

Geoff

3. TH-Photos

Thanks Geoff,

I'll have to see how it performs to decide if I want to invest in an adaptor at £24. If the tests on the macro lens are OK then I probably will to use the ringflash that only has a PC cable.

I asked about an eyecup as there is no protection for glasses from the hard surround of the eyepiece.

Ted

4. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Or you can pick up FS1100 adapters or their equivalents from e-bay such as http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15221&item=7505122414&rd=1

Ted, Geoff is also pretty knowledgable about minolta kit, I have learned a few things from him. To be honest the 5/7/8000 series is one I know little about but I did a bit of digging around and found a card compatibillity guide which tells me that the following cards will work with the 7000i
    Sports Action Card
    Sports Action Card 2
    Travel Card
    Portrait Card
    Close Up Card
    Automatic Depth Control Card
    Exposure Braketing Card
    Exposure Braketing Card 2
    Flash Braketing Card
    Data memory card
    Fantasy Effect Card
    Automatic Programme Shift Card
    Automatic Programme Shift Card 2
    Fantasy Card 2
    Customised Function Card

Again, many of these cards come up on Ebay on a regular basis and I can for some of the cards get hold of copies of instructions, just let me know.

As to the operation of the camera Fen is probably your best bet there as he's got one

<font color=blue>Ron CRIPN</font color=blue>
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Half of what Ron DOES know about Minoltas ain't worth knowing!/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

(He knows I'm only joking!)

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

6. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

That's the half that is absolutely no use to Gas Fire users of course/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

7. GeoffC

GeoffC Well-Known Member

LMFAO! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Geoff

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Hey, remember I'm a Minolta user too!/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

9. GeoffC

GeoffC Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I forgot that Fen is a Minoltaholic.

In all honesty Ron, my knowledge of Minoltas is pretty much limited to the old manual cameras. My only AF models are the original 7000 & 5000. One day though, I WILL find a nice 9000 without a bleeding LCD screen.

I don't know why, but the screen seems to be the 9000's Achilles Heel, yet I've seen loads of other models from the same era without any problems with the LCD display. Weird!

Geoff

10. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

But it was the AF side I was on about, not the likes of the XE-1 (BTW I'm still keeping an eye out)

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I DO have an AF Minolta, though!

But it's my Dimage Scan Multi Pro....

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

12. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

True abot the LCD on the 9000, the number of posts I've seen on other Minolta forums commenting on this very thing, there doesn't even seem to be a pattern as with some the camera was fine for a goodly number of years where some folk seemed to just get past the warranty period and one 'gubbed' screen (gubbed is a local venacular for broken or busted)

13. TH-Photos

Thanks Ron for the detailed reply. I'm going to put a film through it this weekend and see how I get on. From the card names I'm guessing that they would provide programmed modes now available as standard on new SLRs.

Ted

14. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

More a mixture of Programme modes and custom functions combined on you more mid to top end units

15. Phobug

Phobug Well-Known Member

What do the fantasy cards do? :)

16. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

That I don't know, but as they were out before seven of nine then I think they have absolutely nothing to do with Will and his particular fantasy/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

17. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

What do the fantasy cards do? :)

Let you think you can take a good picture with a Minolta.................../img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Sorry Ron but I just couldn't resist.........[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nigel NRIPN

<a href="http://nigelhhayes.fotopic.net/c35346.html" >ElSid Gallery<A>

18. Dave_F

Dave_F New Member

Fantasy cards change the focus during the exposure but will only work if the lighting condions are right.
    by the way I have a 9000 with no bleed I have had it since the week it was anounced