1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600si v 700si

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by Benchista, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Which is a better all round machine? I've seen second-hand ones for sale at only £10 difference, so I'm a bit intrigued.

Nick

2. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Nick,

Both cameras are good, I myself have a 600 Si (and a Dynax 7), however, my advice would be spend the extra £10 and get the 700 Si, its spec and capabillities are higher than the 600 and I would presume give you more flexibillity as a photographer.
    If memory serves me well, the 700 Si was very well received by the photography press when it was first released and got some excellent reviews e,g, AP & PP.
    In addition Nick, whichever camera you decide to purchase, try to get hold of the Vertical Control Grip for that camera, having it, gives the cameras a better ballance and greater flexibillity with batteries etc.
    Whatever unit you decide to go for enjoy.

<font color=blue> RonM </font color=blue>/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

3. raminolta

raminolta Member

Both must be excellent cameras from what i have heard from their actual
    users (i haven't owned any). ALso from what i've heard 700si has faster AF then 600si (despite that it is an earlier model!).
    Check www.photozone.de for their specifications. Also www.minolta.com.
    I think in www.minloltausa.com you can see both cameras mnuals and you can donload and print them.
    700si is a semi-pro level camera, while 600si is a mid level camera. So 700si (with the help of the cards) has more features (and specifications than 600si.
    INparticular with data memory cardII, you can save shooting/exposure data.
    On the oth er hand th estrong point of 600si is simply its fantatic control
    lay-out. It is intuitive, easy to learn, and quick to operate. It was because
    of this that it hit the market when it was released in 1995.
    Note that to take the advantage of 700si better features, you need to purchase some cards which add to the cost of the camera.
    Ramin

4. openkast

openkast Active Member

The 700si has a slightly higher spec.

I prefer the 600si's controls.

------------
    Andrew.