1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 Years In!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LesleySM, May 14, 2021.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Yep 5 years ago Dave died and I've made it so far! In fact I'm surprised I am not as upset today as I thought I would be although of course that makes me feel bad for not feeling bad

ascu75 and daft_biker like this.
  2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

First the grass and then the trees grow up and hide the edges of the chasm, but every now and then you still find yourself on the edge of it. It'll no doubt get you when you least expect it, but I'm sure Dave would be pleased to know you'd got this far.

3. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Hang on in there L.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad about not feeling bad, anniversaries are human contrivances based on the calendar. I'm sure you will have random days when the real memories come flooding back. Keeping going is the best we can ever do.

beatnik69 likes this.
  5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Memories will remain, but become less painful. Don't feel bad.

S

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Lesley, funerals are always hard, even if you didn't know the person concerned*, but they are the way our society chooses to commemorate the lives of loved ones. We use them to encourage one another with good memories. You don't have to feel bad, you have to be grateful that you shared Dave's life and have happy memories. That doesn't mean that it is easy but I am sure Dave would want the best for you.

*I'll explain how that happens if you want to know but it isn't important.

7. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Nothing I can add except you are doing great.

8. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Lesley please don’t feel bad, feel joy in every tiny thing every memory every fleeting memory. We are hardwired to beat ourselves up but if you flip that life ain’t so bad. My heart goes out to you. Was it Cameron who thought LOL was lots of Love. I am sending you lots of LOLs or as Cilla would say a Lorra Lorra love A6F817A7-5F91-460F-8468-BB4CAFC548D6.jpeg

LesleySM, John Farrell and Zou like this.