1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

29 May edition

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Bazarchie, May 29, 2021.

1. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

For those of you who subscribe to the printed edition did you receive the 29 May edition today or the 6 June one?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Mine is, in old money, the 6th of June edition, but it says “on sale Tuesday June 1st”. This is what I’d expect from today’s mail.

Edit PS the cover of 29th May is Raw transformed and this week is Photograph Architecture

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  3. Bazarchie

Thanks Pete,

My digital version arrived today and is the Architecture edition which means printed and digital versions arrive on the same day. I used to have to wait until the following Tues or Weds.

Well done Kelsey.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

ditto.

5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Neither - delivery on a Saturday is now a rare event. Once upon a time, under the previous publisher, somebody noticed bank holiday weekends on the calendar and planned ahead: copies were posted (and presumably printed) earlier than usual and sometimes arrived on the Friday.

6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, I nipped into Smith's this morning and they had one copy - usually they have three or four.

Dated 1st June, the June Premium issue.

7. PeteRob

Yes that is the “current issue” which would normally be dated next Saturday (June 6th if I add up correctly)

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

It's a long time since I left school, but shouldn't that be the 5th?

9. PeteRob

Yes, I thought today was Monday.

10. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. My problem with being retired is that the days do tend to be a bit samey...

11. PeteRob

They do but I have no excuse as a) I was in a scheduled conference call and b) i was having a parcel delivered and c) Tuesday is club ride day and I was annoyed at having to stay in.

SXH likes this.
  12. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My copy arrived today (Tuesday), and after reading the above I looked at the cover date, which I don't usually do until it's time to recycle the copy after 6 or 7 weeks (by which time any mirrorless cameras reviewed therein will probably be obsolete).

There has been some 'confusion' about the cover date under the new publishers. It is usually the date of the Saturday after the issue goes on sale in shops on Tuesday (so should hopefully be a week after subscribers' copies arrive), but there was an issue a few months back that also had the Tuesday date as the latest issue does.

13. PeteRob

I don’t keep them but possibly it is the monthly special that bears the stamp “on sale Tuesday ...” whereas the others revert to the coming Saturday edition date.

14. Bazarchie

Comes to us all Pete, although I have yet to join to ranks of the retired.