1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

20 years ago.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daft_biker, Dec 13, 2017.

1. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Good stuff......took me a bit more than 10 minutes of trawling to find a pic of my Patriot as I lost access to my Flickr account ages ago. Was nice to look back on old shots like these ones though...... https://www.flickr.com/photos/89845979@N00/page10/ ....must try harder to make time to get out shooting more of that stuff again:)

[​IMG]

Found a couple of old vids on the way too....

2. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

Love that first vid - I'm not sure I'd have the balls for that in the dry, let alone with snow :D

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

A few ..... fly off to the UK for the first time -- Oct 7/76
    first Christmas Day wearing only T-shirt and cut-offs -- Dec 25/76 (Torremolinos)
    bought my first SLR -- and to this day, I still don't why, exactly :eek: ... July 23/85
    along with family member dates (birthday, dying dates, etc ...)
    and, of course, 16 years ago, tomorrow, when I joined the AP Forums :)

Cheers,

Jack

daft_biker likes this.
  4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

The only bike of mine that I remember was a hand me down folding bike that decided to demonstrate its folding properties mid-cycle to school, depositing me in a ditch.

As for dates - I well remember 9.9.99 as it was my middle child's due date and I was slightly irritated that she chose to arrive four days earlier than that. She's never been a tidy child.

daft_biker likes this.
  5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I fell off mine today and slid down the roads on my arse. Brain of Britain had forgotten that that road is no longer on a bus route, so doesn't get gritted, and it was like glass - I had a job getting up!

Thankfully I didn't savage on knee as I did last time - just some minor gravel rash - but I was bringing someone beer as a thanks for doing stuff for me at the weekends, and I didn't realise until I got on the train that I had a pannier full of broken glass and beer... that took some cleaning out!

Adrian

(bike is OK, by the way, just need to check the front wheel alignment, as did the last mile with a binding brake - had to get that train!)

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Ouch, hope it heals quick.

Quick release front wheel? Sometime just opening it and jiggling the wheel to make sure the axle is seated in the dropouts before closing it a bit more tightly fixes it.

7. gray1720

It'll heal fast enough - just a friction burn about the size of a 5p piece!

Brake seems to have sorted itself out on its own, must have just snagged the cable on something. No QR on my bike - good way of losing wheels round here (like the mis-spelt Danish King of England who nicked my trailer hitch and left me with only one wheelnut - hope they get hit by a bus!)

Adrian

Zou and daft_biker like this.
  8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Cnut or Harthacnut? I am delighted to say the latter is real, just not as annoying as the former, by about approximately 50%... :D

peterba likes this.
  9. gray1720

Halfacanute and Hardliacanute...

Adrian

Zou likes this.