1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st test

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by RonM, May 27, 2005.

1. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

.....slightly post processed jpg

[​IMG]

But only taken a few hours ago after charging the battery [​IMG]

2. GeoffC

GeoffC Well-Known Member

So, are you trying to tell us you've weakened and bought a 7D then Ron? [​IMG]

3. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

No...hes bought a cat you dumpling!!!

Congratulations.
    You mention the post processing and there are some noticible artifacts , especially around the head. How about a shot with just a little USM?

Graeme

4. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

[​IMG] New toy [​IMG] now just need to get some decent size Compact Flash cards and try out all my good glass with, as you surmised Geoff my new 7D [​IMG]

5. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Graeme

Will do as you ask, will use the same shot, crop it the same and resize for the web (no USM) and upload it and post 'Freddy' here (BTW he looks like a cat but he's to stupid to be a cat)

6. GeoffC

GeoffC Well-Known Member

Oi, I resemble that remark! [​IMG]

7. GeoffC

GeoffC Well-Known Member

Good on ya Ron.

So you've got a Canon - Minolta adapter too? [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Didn't think cats ran on batteries [​IMG]

Morning Ron,

Congratulations....now get out there and shoot some more.....stuff [​IMG].

Are you thinking of picking up any of the K-M(Tamronesque) lens? We have sold
    a couple of the K-M 28-75/2.8 lenses and one fellow had the K-M 17-35/2.8-4 and traded his AF 50/1.8 towards the 28-75/2.8 and the other fellow traded his AF 50/1.4 lens [​IMG] on the 28-75/2.8.

Have fun and let's see some more pics.

[​IMG]

Jack

9. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Hi Ron
    Well done (I still have not taken the plunge). Where did you buy it? Any special deals available?

Re the picture. It looks great in the white fur - the highlights have been held beautifully.

However, and I'm sorry to be negative, it really does not look sharp to me. If it were my pic I'd be investigating why. Again I apologise.
    MickLL

10. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Not got the IS system turned on??

11. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Good question. From the highlight in the eye it looks more like camera shake than poor focus.

12. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Have to agree with mick that it ain't sharp Ron but I suspect that is more to do with over-compression/jpeg artifacts or whatever than with any fault of the camera.....................of course it could just have been that the photographer was so excited with his new toy that he induced camera shake! [​IMG]

Health to enjoy Ron.

BigWill

13. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Re: 2nd try

The first shot of Freddy was the camera pretty well set at auto everything, and yes no AS and lens 35-70 set to f/4 this is another go with AS=on 1/60th ISO 100 and f/5.6 with the 85mm, the image has been resized from 3000*2000 to 600*400 at 150 ppi and a bit of USM on the resized version.
    I do notice that there is a loss on quality on resizing in PS, as there is far more detail (on screen) in the original jpeg (I've still to work out how to get to grips with the RAW files) but I do so love a challenge [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still not had a lot of time to play with the new toy yet, but the wife has a horse show on tomorrow so (weather and limited CF card capacity permitting) I'll maybe be able to play a bit

14. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Ron,
    That's much, much, better (except that it's a ferkin cat!!). Very impressive in fact.

Where did you make your purchase - I'm assuming that you got the best deal.

MickLL

15. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Mick,

Got it from the local Jessops who price matched the best price I could find for a UK based based internet supplier DigiStore where the price is £769.99 plus I'm also waiting on the grip £129.99 and they didn't add on the normal P&P

16. BigWill

Yep, "ferkin' feline Freddie" is looking much better now Ron. Good luck with the new camera and look forward to seeing many more piccies from you taken on it.

BigWill

17. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Well once I get the 1gig & 512mb Sandisk cards from mymemory.co.uk then I'll be able to go out and 'blast' away and learn how the toy works and now that I know how to upload images onto my webspace then I may be tempted to show some more of my attempts. And just for you Will, here is a B&W portrait taken on the non Digi 7
    [​IMG]

18. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

One day I might have the courage to show a picture - but not yet !!

I'm going on holiday next week with the friend that I mentioned who bought the 7D in Italy, just before the price reduced! I'm hoping that a week spent seeing the beast in action at close quarters may help me make up my mind.

MickLL

19. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Is that the D7D or the film 7D Mick?

20. BigWill

Lovely portrait................lovely lady Ron!

I can see this digi Minolta transforming your photographic life.............it certainly transformed mine when I went the Canon digital route.

BigWill