1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st class mail

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by MPB, Oct 26, 2011.

1. MPB

MPB Well-Known Member

Please could you speak to TNT or whichever courier yous and ask them to clearly mark the address labels that subscriber copies come out in as first class mail. Some posties leave them behind if they are not delivering to a paticular address because they see them as mail sort which on a saturday some Managers at delivery depots allow them to be left if not delivering to a paticular address. As they are not clearly marked as first class mail which must be delivered there is no redresss if you go down to the sorting office and complain.:confused:

2. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

You have a PM Mark.

3. ldimag1ne

ldimag1ne Member

Seems to be a problem generally, after the first few mags came on Saturday, they then started arriving on the following Tuesday....hand delivered? This became annoying not least because it killed the anticipation of a great Saturday read. In the end I cancelled my subscription as it was taking too long to arrive?

4. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Apologies and good evening :) I have to strongly disagree with the above.

Without repeating at length my few prior posts on this subject, AP has to and always has met its print deadlines.

As a result any remaining fault can only be/would only be local*/third party.

A distribution issue
    A postal issue
    A courier issue

(*Other than the single occasion when a printing press broke down and an alert was posted on the forum ahead of distribution)

May I ask, did you contact subscriptions or AP editorial so that they could investigate, endeavour to rectify and/or make required amends for any such issue?

5. ldimag1ne

ldimag1ne Member

Thanks Mark, sorry should have been clearer - not an issue for AP as I believe it's timings are fine, I think it's an issues with the local distributor as their delivery was very erratic. Still, I buy AP when it comes out, which whilst not ideal does allow me to enjoy it on a Saturday.

Didn't think to contact AP because of it being handled through an intermediary.

Thanks for the reply though, it's appreciated.