1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1954 Asahiflex w/ Takumar 58/2.4 and 135/2.8 lens shoots Blues Band on July 4/21

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Done_rundleCams, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Covid?

2. ptermx

ptermx Well-Known Member

I don't dislike grain generally, but my own experience with D3200 (few years back now) is that it had a very pervasive grain that I didn't much like. My D3200 negatives also always looked a bit thin. Given what Ilford say about it, I always thought I must have been developing it wrong and maybe exposing it wrong too.
    Anyway, seeing your shots has put me in mind to load up my remaining D3200 rolls and see if I can do anything useful with them.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. ptermx

ptermx Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I laughed when I saw that guitarist pic. He's making that stupid face certain electric guitarists pull when they play a long high note (though he's not really that high on the 'board) like it was some immense physical effort. C'mon man, it's a telecaster, not a trumpet...

Zou and Done_rundleCams like this.
  4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

As @Zou mentions above, Covid precautions, Steve :) and I've never minded 'grain' but, like yourself, most photogs I know prefer a
    finer grain ;)

Cheers,

Jack

5. Done_rundleCams

Well, Peter, if you're fan of lots of DOF/ landscape shots, using 3200 ASA film during the will you to really small apertures and lots in focus
    stuff ;). On the other hand, you figure out what exposure/ASA works best (for you) by bracketing a roll of film :)

As for 'guitarists and expressions', sometimes I prefer 'expressionless' guitarists (Clapton, Knopfler) -- see snaps --

Nov1987-AP-Clapton-img567 copy 2.jpg YWG-1987-AP-MarkKnopler--BW--1.jpg

and, sometimes, I prefer really expressive guitarists

FEAOctJRSd.jpg 79515744_10162572524790401_4789554744597151744_n.jpg

Cheers,

Jack

6. Laurence Cochrane

Laurence Cochrane Active Member

Are those your photograps ?. Going by the standard of those you have previously shown UNLIKELY. If stolen from the internet as I suspect. Why are you implying they are yours ? If wrong I shall apologise.

7. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I think you are going to need to grovel.

S

zx9r, peterba and Done_rundleCams like this.
  8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Jack's shown a fair amount of high profile stuff around here. I say no more on account of he might not be able to get his cap on! :D

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

10. Laurence Cochrane

Oh I will if wrong Don't think I am

11. Laurence Cochrane

My pointis if capapble of decent photography why post the total CARP he did. Recycle bin stuff in my opinion. Who the hell wants to see a photograph of the back of some ofd dolls head.. He used the term snaps for the decent ones shown SNAPS is a derogatory term for technically poor photography.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  12. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Perhaps you should stop digging now. ;)

IvorETower, zx9r, peterba and 4 others like this.
  13. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Six feet under at post #26

14. Done_rundleCams

Amazingly, sadly and, possibly, for the first time, Mr. Cochrane, you are wrong in this case :eek:

Cheers and don't feel too badly.

Jack

15. Done_rundleCams

I guess, dear Laurence, I'm one of those FAUXtographers who doesn't feel to post only "thee" best photos, cuz, let's face it, life, like photography, ain't always perfect ....
    ..... well, at least, not in my case ;). You, however, may be different :). As for the lady, perhaps, her son, the guitarist (?). As for terminology, that has to be one of the most lame a$$ excuses I have ever encountered to denigrate one's photos :eek: ............ :D

Cheers,

Jack

neilt3, zx9r, John Farrell and 3 others like this.
  16. Done_rundleCams

John Farrell, spinno and daft_biker like this.
  17. Done_rundleCams

Thanks to all the AP members for their support :) Another reason why I consider
    this to be the best photo /snaps/FAUXto ( ;) ) forum ... anywhere :)

Cheers,

Jack

18. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Normally if you are going to publicly accuse someone of being a liar and a thief it's only polite to have some form of evidence first .

Perhaps a link to the website or source where you say the photos were stolen from , showing who they belong to would support your claims ?

In this case I think you might find they belong to a Canadian geezer called Jack . ;)

19. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I rather like the snap of the old girl. It asks a lot of questions, shows pride in her son, and makes me wonder what she is reading, why and does she actually like the music.

S

Done_rundleCams, spinno and zx9r like this.
  20. Laurence Cochrane

In that case I apologise profuesly. Was in the pub abd got a bit antsey. Again sorry.. Not wrong for the first time I have been wrong once before.