1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15th Sept - Big Day?

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by Fen, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

People at Photokina (going on at the moment) are being led to believe that it'll be December/January when they'll be available!

Just in time to miss the Xmas rush /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

Also, people are commenting on it being priced in the Canon D20 market but not having the spec of the D20.

Ok, it's got AS built in... But what about the rest of it?

fen. <font color=blue>...still going to wait for reviews though</font color=blue>
      fenris photography

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Also, people are commenting on it being priced in the Canon D20 market but not having the spec of the D20.

Ok, it's got AS built in... But what about the rest of it?

Is it really fair to complain that it's not as well spec'd as the 20D? After all the 20D has only just been announced and the D7D seems to be as well spec'd as the 10D which has been the class leader for the past 18 months or so. Equally Canon have quite a few more years experience in the field of digital SLR production. I'd say the AS system is a distinct advantage over the Canons, way cheaper than having to fork out extra to have it built into each individual lens.

The only criteria that counts is "Does it do the job I want it to?"

Nigel CRIPN

You don't have to be mad to come here....
    ...but if you do...you are! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

3. gazraa

gazraa Well-Known Member

yep, for me it'll be a major upgrade on my current gear and it probably does a hell of a lot more than i'd even know how to use.... so that's good enough for me. by the time i've learnt how to use it all, the digi 9 will be out :)

it looks to me like an excellent camera, of course there'll be differences between it and other makes, some better, some not as good, but if it produces a decent quality picture and it's not full of bugs then I'll be a happy chappy.

Dynax Digital Forum

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The 20D might be "only just announced" but it's in the shops NOW. It's the competition, and so yes, the D7D has to measure up if it's going to compete.

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

5. Col. Hogan

Col. Hogan Well-Known Member

the 20D has only just been announced

And there has already been a firmware update released for the 20D. It seems that the shutter is not firing/or is misfiring. You 'd think they would catch this kind of defect at the factory instead of making the individual do the firmware update.

Diane /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Reminds me of something my father always used to say; "never buy a car in it's first year of production, it takes 'em that long to get it right".

Of course most models of digital camera don't last stay in production that long so I guess following the same advice could be a bit of problem............./img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Nigel CRIPN

You don't have to be mad to come here....
    ...but if you do...you are! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

7. SamsSauce

SamsSauce In the Stop Bath

Well, I've been waiting and waiting, and although the anti-shake feature is VERY tempting, a 6Mp at the prices being suggested, is too high. So, I'll keep my Dynax 9 and upgrade my Coolscan 3 to one of Minolta's film scanners. As for going totally digital, I've bought an E-1 ....
    Sorry Minolta, you've just dragged things out just too long!

8. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

"Sorry Minolta, you've just dragged things out just too long!"

A very telling statement from Sam there and just about sums up Minolta's "missed the digital boat" philosophy! I just can't understand it myself. Minolta used to be the innovator when it came to 35mm technology but since their alliance with Knoica, they seem to have lost the plot and lost their way. Jumping on the wagon last is simply just not good enough these days and does not bode well for their future as a major player in the digital market!

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

9. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Minolta's Anti-Shake

It ain't just going to be Minolta's soon.

Canon have said that they are developing it as well.

BUT - They also said that it's only 'development' at the moment and have stated that it might not be implemented /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

fen.
      fenris photography

10. SamsSauce

SamsSauce In the Stop Bath

Re: Minolta's Anti-Shake

I'm VERY happy with my Dynax 9, and there are still many situations where film still delivers a better result than digital. I can still pass Minolta some money, via their excellent film scanners. However, the APS format does have it's limitations due to a lack of decent wide & ultra wide angle lenses.