1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100mm box section query

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by CHIPS, Nov 19, 2009.

  1. CHIPS

    CHIPS Well-Known Member

    Making a blimp for on-set/on-stage photography. I've got an idea that the lens cover would work well if rather than the conventional tube it was a box section (if it works I'll explain why). a 100mm box section would be ideal around 150mm long fairly heavy plastic and even more ideally an item which has an accessory flange for fitting/removal/to the body of the gizmo. Any ideas as to where such a thing exists sitting on a shelf ? plumbing ? air con ?
  2. LargeFormat

    LargeFormat Well-Known Member

    Marley Alutec and Guttermaster make a 102mm square aluminium downpipe that you can have in matt black powder coating.

    You may be able to find duct sections if it must be plastic.
  3. CHIPS

    CHIPS Well-Known Member

    many thanks. Plastic preference is for Sound deadening and ease of working but I'll follow up those leads, Cheers

Share This Page