1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

100-400 on aps-C Magnification query

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by pixelpuffin, May 8, 2020.

1. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it won´t turn, I have few hig end EF-s lenses and they do not turn the focusring, front or change in size when using AF. Zoom obviusly is a differen story.

2. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Sorry, my mistake
    The focus ring doesn’t rotate during AF but can be rotated to override AF if hunting - I’m beginning to suspect that with lenscoats fitted we are not aware when we grab the camera lens combo that we may be inadvertently rotating the focus ring - hence the lens is constantly trying to AF but focus ring is being turned unwittingly.

I find that when using the 70-300L I often do this inadvertently as I try to get a comfortable grip whilst tracking through the viewfinder. On countless occasions I’ve realised I’m holding back the AF system unknowingly through bad holding techniques.(Due to fatigue with the weight) This to my mind would be greatly increased we’re the lens barrel under a thick skin giving little if any feedback.

Hope that makes sense.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Makes perfect sense!