1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

10 hours on M33

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by DaveS, Jan 23, 2020.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

After a god awful long time with clouded out skies we had four good clear nights. During the last three of which I managed to get 10 hours of data on M33, the Triangulum spiral, lying about 2.5 million light years away in our local group. This was made with 2 hours each of Hydrogen-alpha (To show up star-forming regions), Red, Green, Blue, and Luminance (ie all the light).

10 Hour HaLRGB small.jpg
    As usual the processing is probably only of interest to other astrophotographers, but if people are interested I will detail how I got there.

2. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Beautiful image

DaveS likes this.
  3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Phew, I thought you'd been stuck on a motorway!

That is stunning.

Learning, Zou, EightBitTony and 2 others like this.
  4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Same here... initially I was trying to think where the M33 might be.....

DaveS likes this.
  5. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Nice Stacking :)

DaveS likes this.
  6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Spectacular - that really is nice. I too was wondering where the M33 was and what the 10 hour queue had produced!

DaveS likes this.
  7. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark :) I had to calibrate the stack with Dark, Flat and Dark Flat frames, fortunately I could get these during the day.

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Getting this also involved fighting IT problems caused by Win-Dross updates, while the kit wasn't being used.