1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

£50 returnable deposit on Coke cans

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by m.rignall, Sep 11, 2012.

1. m.rignall

m.rignall Active Member

Every time I read about a "photographer" that has made a pinhole camera, it always seems to start with, " I took and empty Coke can and pushed a needle through the side". Has anyone lifted themselves above this level. If such a returnable deposit was applied, it might just generate a little more creativity within our ranks.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

The first one I ever made (a LONG time ago) I actually made from a sheet of cardboard and some duct tape - about as basic as it could possibly get, and designed to take enprint-sized paper. Pinhole was courtesy of a fine needle and some cooking foil. Given the era, I named it the "Pintacks MES", which adequately described the finish. It also included sighting lines for both landscape and portrait format - luxury!

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I have used a toilet roll tube, but for tele shots a kitchen towel tube. I have access to A0 rolls of paper and have thought about using one of those holders....

4. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

Yeah, Pepsi is a lot superior to Coke ;-)

Now why should a home made pinhole camera have more value to an opportunistic thief than a OM-1?

50p refundable deposit on dirinks cans might reduce litter and improve the recycling rate. £50 is absurd.