1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

£300ish to spend on a Digital Camera - Advice please

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by BugginBob, Apr 11, 2006.

1. BugginBob

BugginBob New Member

Hello peeps, looks like there are some very knowledgeable people on here which is just what I need.

My first digital camera was a Fuji FInepix 2600 Zoom which lasted about 5 years but died a death last year. i replaced it with a cheapish Fuji E500 Zoom last year which was on special. Unfortunatley I find it a nightmare to use. Most internal photos are blurred and the flash takes forever to recharge. My wife has had enough and now as we have our first child she would like a decent camera for her birthday.

It will mostly be used for:
    Family photos inside
    Beach/holiday/outside action photos
    Photos of cars (normally stationary)

I'm happy to spend up to £300 but want to make sure it's an easy to use camera, with good features and is relatively compact. Doent have to be tiny but cant be bothered with an SLR type (I have enough clobber to carry about.

Anyone recommend anything in particular.? I know I can get deals on line but would appreciate peoples views before I shell out the cash.

2. Moos3h

Moos3h Well-Known Member

3. BugginBob

BugginBob New Member

Looks good, but might be a bit big. Looking for something a bit more compact I think, otherwise it wont get used as much as it should.

4. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

5. BugginBob

BugginBob New Member

Thanks people. Very useful.