1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£300 budget for a new camera - help/advice really appreciated.

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Gazza_UK, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Gazza_UK

Gazza_UK New Member

Hi there,

Over the past few days I have been going bog eyed researching numerous digital cameras. From reviews on sites (including this one) to magazines... I eventually got it down to 6 models.

Panasonic FX01
    Casio EX-Z850
    Casio EX-Z1000
    Canon Ixus 800IS
    Fuji Finepix F30
    Ricoh Caplio R4

All the above have got many good reviews and all have different things to offer over the other. At first I was looking at either the Panasonic or Ricoh due to the wide angle 28mm and good macro. The Ricoh was nearly my final choice as it has a 7.1 optical zoom.

However I had to ask myself what do I really want this camera for? The answer was... excellent pics with a good ISO rating.... as I will be taking many pics at night when I go to Florida again. The Fuji comes into its own with the ISO and is receiving very good reviews due to this factor alone. I will also be using it for general phots and pics for eBay.

So I suppose I sort of looking to see what you guys think before I make a purchase... and if anyone already owns a Fuji F30 and what they think of it. But this is not final yet and any thoughts/advice are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Gazza.

2. nspur

nspur Well-Known Member

If it's clean pics at ISO 400 and above, it's got to be the Fuji F30. Otherwise I'd say the Ricoh R4 (which is what I bought recently).