1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

£300 budget for a new camera - help/advice really appreciated.

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Gazza_UK, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Gazza_UK

Gazza_UK New Member

Hi there,

Over the past few days I have been going bog eyed researching numerous digital cameras. From reviews on sites (including this one) to magazines... I eventually got it down to 6 models.

Panasonic FX01
    Casio EX-Z850
    Casio EX-Z1000
    Canon Ixus 800IS
    Fuji Finepix F30
    Ricoh Caplio R4

All the above have got many good reviews and all have different things to offer over the other. At first I was looking at either the Panasonic or Ricoh due to the wide angle 28mm and good macro. The Ricoh was nearly my final choice as it has a 7.1 optical zoom.

However I had to ask myself what do I really want this camera for? The answer was... excellent pics with a good ISO rating.... as I will be taking many pics at night when I go to Florida again. The Fuji comes into its own with the ISO and is receiving very good reviews due to this factor alone. I will also be using it for general phots and pics for eBay.

So I suppose I sort of looking to see what you guys think before I make a purchase... and if anyone already owns a Fuji F30 and what they think of it. But this is not final yet and any thoughts/advice are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Gazza.

2. nspur

nspur Well-Known Member

If it's clean pics at ISO 400 and above, it's got to be the Fuji F30. Otherwise I'd say the Ricoh R4 (which is what I bought recently).