1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Sarmad

Man at home, Istanbul

The man with the beautiful eyes! One of the happiest people I met on a trip to Istanbul, in Turkey, in December a couple of years ago. I spoke a few words with him in Turkish. He was smiling and happy for me to take his photograph. I took it, to highlight this unusual circumstance ,of homelessness, in Turkey. A country where the family values, normally, prevent this kind of thing happening. Especially in the centre of Istanbul's tourist attractions, such as the market. I gave him a note after taking a few quick shots with my trusty, though imperfect Canon S90. Immediately, when people saw me taking photos of him, the atmosphere changed. People went in to McDonalds & bought him out a hearty, high cholesterol meal, & more. I left him to his merry dinner. With his magic feet!

Man at home, Istanbul
Sarmad, Nov 4, 2014
    • Helander
      :p ..........................
    • Sarmad
      Why bother rating at 1. Helander? I took this photo in controversial circumstances to overcome prejudice & ignorance! I did not want to intrude upon this man's life. But, I did so with courage. Not for any cheap gain. But, to show this man's courage to the world. On a subject that needs attention around the world. We should be doing something about the homeless. What do you think? Perhaps I should not have tested the understanding of the people here? Am I asking too much from you to see the beauty in this man's demeanour?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Monthly Forum Competition - November 2014
    Uploaded By:
    Sarmad
    Date:
    Nov 4, 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count: