1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

lm1

Lost in Music

My husband chose 'music' which is not really an object, but music has played a massive part throughout his whole life, impacting on every aspect and it goes beyond an individual object or a particular song, band or CD etc I have tried to represent this by the jumble of music items across time frames including a tape, discman, MP3 player etc (sadly we no longer have any vinyl).

Lost in Music
lm1, Feb 9, 2015
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      Catriona
      beautiful colours and almost abstract depiction of memories and the journey with a love of music. You've done a great job showing it in this way.Kate
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      tommy t
      Well thought out and photographed with superb colours and composition. Good Luck..Best Wishes.tommyt.
    • lm1
      Thanks Kate & Tommy. I wanted to try and incorporate bright colours to capture the vibrancey of music but wasn't sure how. In the end I found a visual representation of a sound wave which I set as my screen saver & used it as the back drop for the shot, so it would reflect off the items.
    • AlexDenny
      No MiniDisc either!! (But I agree, lovely colours).
    • hazzatori
      I agree with the colours it has that 80/90's feel to it which is apt with the types of media..
    • Yebisu
      Yes. Colours are lovely and composition works well.

Only criticism (and it's a only a minor niggle) is I think it'd work better with more iconic music players like a classic Sony Walkman or an original iPod.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Monthly Forum Competition February 2015
    Uploaded By:
    lm1
    Date:
    Feb 9, 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: