1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Adrian Dornford-Smith

Favourite

Canon EOS 1300D, 75-300mm, 1/640 sec at f/22, ISO 3200

Favourite
Adrian Dornford-Smith, Jul 5, 2019
    • Adrian Dornford-Smith
      I conceived this shot several days before the opportunity to take it. In my mind’s eye it was magnificent, evoking all sorts of emotions. It was just going to be a case of pressing the shutter release and going for a pint. When reality struck, I stabbed away, taking fifty shots or so, a roll and a half in old money. They all had bits of the magnificence of my mental image but none really hit me in the breast plate. I could have used digital alchemy to conjure parts to a whole, but I suspected it still wouldn’t feel right and it would have been less honourable. So I chose this one. Photography can be very frustrating.
    • Christopher David Tansley
      Sorry Adrian but I don't know if I have had too much to drink , but I can only see the chess pieces. Everything else is a bit blurred. But I do like the picture anyway.
    • Adrian Dornford-Smith
      @Christopher David Tansley Hello David, you are drinking in moderation! The whole idea was to focus on the chess knights and give an impression of real knights and a lady whose favour they were fighting for. I got a few shots with them jousting in the background, but no lady and various other combinations. I just wanted to give the impression of the real knights otherwise the chess ones were lost in the detail. Maybe I got it wrong and you can't discern the background and it should have been more in focus. Back tot he drawing board!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Reader Gallery
    Uploaded By:
    Adrian Dornford-Smith
    Date:
    Jul 5, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4925px
    Height:
    3283px
    Aperture:
    f/22.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1300D
    Date / Time:
    2019:06:30 15:55:08
    Exposure Time:
    1/640 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 3200
    Focal Length:
    170 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).