1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

AlexDenny

Communion with my ancestors

The object is a tiny, silver-covered book of common prayer (basically a miniature) suggested by my dad. It had belonged to his grandparents and I remember it in the family home in Devon, where, when my dad was a child there, there were no electric lights. This is a totally different approach to photography than I'm used to, and I'm very grateful to my dad for lending me such a beautiful object (I will share a photo of the silver cover elsewhere). Sadly, as can be seen in the picture, the leather binding is giving up, so I fear it may not last another generation.

Communion with my ancestors
AlexDenny, Feb 11, 2015
    • Catriona
      I can understand this choice very well. My dad brought back a tiny bible from Bethlehem when he passed through in 1944. It is gorgeous with a very tactile olive wood cover. Definitely one of those things I would grab before leaving my house!Candles are the very devil aren't they? Expose for the light and other things can get too dark. I like the way you've shown us how small it is, though. Clever. :)Kate
    • AlexDenny
      Thanks Kate. Yes - the candle may have been a bad call. That said, I'm one of the people enjoying the dim lighting in Wolf Hall, so maybe I've got some sort of affinity with candle light!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Monthly Forum Competition February 2015
    Uploaded By:
    AlexDenny
    Date:
    Feb 11, 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count: