1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Amateur Photographer

Closing In by Steve Cheetham by 4 April 2015

Closing In by Steve Cheetham by 4 April 2015 Canon EOS 6D, 24-1-5mm, 1/250sec at f/8, ISO 800 This dizzying photograph was uploaded to our website gallery page by AP reader Steve Cheetham. ‘This image was taken at the Quiraing on Skye earlier this year on a photography trip with two friends,’ says Steve. ‘We’d enjoyed several great days on Skye, but on our last day the weather was quite changeable. We decided to head up to the Quiraing anyway. We’d taken several of the usual views when I noticed one of my friends packing away his tripod on this particular outcrop. The weather was just closing in on the hills behind him, so I shouted at him to look my way. I managed to take a few shots before we were engulfed by the snow that was heading our way.’ If you would like to be in with a chance of winning a year’s digital subscription to AP, upload your images to our Facebook, Flickr or AP website gallery adding the #APPictureoftheweek.

Closing In by Steve Cheetham by 4 April 2015
Amateur Photographer, Apr 13, 2015