1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Amateur Photographer

Bubbles - 37pts, Second place

David Hollingsworth, Lincolnshire Fujifilm FinePix S8100fd, 1/2sec at f/8 David, an electronics engineer, made these bubbles in a large vase with a little washing-up liquid. He lit the scene with LED torches, using sweet wrappers to give different tones. 'I set my camera to its highest f-stop to increase depth of field, especially as I was shooting through glass, and my ISO was set low at ISO 64 to stop any noise,' he says. Afterwards he converted it to b&w and inverted it so the bubbles appear on the surface. Judges say 'Is it an alien landscape or are they stones? David has created a unique, and technically superb, image that makes the viewer think.'

Bubbles - 37pts, Second place
Amateur Photographer, May 10, 2011