1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest,

Nature photography is hugely popular, and there is always something more to learn. We've got the best photographers in this fascinating genre to share their tips and advice on the gear and techniques needed for stand-out shots, and inspire us with their wonderful images.

Whether you’re a beginner or intermediate photographer, and whether you're into flowers, insects or animals, you'll learn something new in this issue of 'Improve Your Photography' – and come away with your creative batteries fully charged.

Simply enter your details to receive your downloadable copy of 'Improve Your Photography – Nature'.

3. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Dismiss Notice
Kevin Stevens

Blue-tit

A vigilant Blue-tit perched near feeder. Taken with Nikon D5300 + Sigma 150-600 Contemporary Lens

Blue-tit
Kevin Stevens, Feb 2, 2021
    • Chester AP
      The dark background really makes the subject look dramatic.
      I see that this is taken with at 600 mm 'wide open' at F 6.3 - does the depth of field get noticeably larger if you use F8 or F11? I suspect not much, but I don't have a lens this long so I'm curious.
    • Kevin Stevens
      Hi @Chester AP .. Thanks for the CC :) .. I find that this lens gives great bokeh but I'm not that experienced to give accurate tech feedback. In all honesty I don't think it's that much noticeable to my eye but to someone more experienced it may be. The subject in this image was approx 5 meters away and the background no more than 2 meters further back. I will look through my images for a similar one shot at F11 and post it for comparison :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Images
    Uploaded By:
    Kevin Stevens
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    475 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    689px
    Height:
    965px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D5300
    Date / Time:
    2020:12:20 14:44:55
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    600 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).