1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Kevin Stevens

Blue-tit

A vigilant Blue-tit perched near feeder. Taken with Nikon D5300 + Sigma 150-600 Contemporary Lens

Blue-tit
Kevin Stevens, Feb 2, 2021
    • Chester AP
      The dark background really makes the subject look dramatic.
      I see that this is taken with at 600 mm 'wide open' at F 6.3 - does the depth of field get noticeably larger if you use F8 or F11? I suspect not much, but I don't have a lens this long so I'm curious.
    • Kevin Stevens
      Hi @Chester AP .. Thanks for the CC :) .. I find that this lens gives great bokeh but I'm not that experienced to give accurate tech feedback. In all honesty I don't think it's that much noticeable to my eye but to someone more experienced it may be. The subject in this image was approx 5 meters away and the background no more than 2 meters further back. I will look through my images for a similar one shot at F11 and post it for comparison :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Images
    Uploaded By:
    Kevin Stevens
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    475 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    689px
    Height:
    965px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D5300
    Date / Time:
    2020:12:20 14:44:55
    Exposure Time:
    1/250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    600 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).