1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Amateur Photographer

Autumn Melancholy by Waldemar Blazej Nowak - 24 January 2015

Autumn Melancholy by Waldemar Blazej Nowak iPhone 6, 4.2mm, 1/408secs at f/22, ISO 32 This quiet image was taken by Polish reader Waldemar Blazej Nowak. He uploaded his image to our AP Flickr page. ‘This picture was taken in Chmielno, Poland, on 18 October 2014,’ says Waldemar. ‘I really wanted to explore how I could present the idea of the autumn season. There’s a particular atmosphere associated with autumn. It brings to mind many words, such as grey, emptiness and sadness. ‘The day that we shot this picture was very cold and the sky was relatively cloudless. My friend was standing on the bridge alone. She was just staring into the emptiness ahead of her. As she did so, I realised that I had found my inspiration and took a picture.’

Autumn Melancholy by Waldemar Blazej Nowak - 24 January 2015
Amateur Photographer, Feb 18, 2015