The new GoPro Hero+ offers a full-functioning action camera at a competitive price, with the added bonus of Bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity
Expanding the Hero range, the new GoPro Hero+ is a basic, no-frills version of the Hero+ LCD, removing the touchscreen but retaining wireless connectivity.
It shoots 1080p and 720p video at 60fps (an improvement on the 30fps of the original Hero model), and is also capable of capturing 8-million-pixel stills. As you’d expect from GoPro, it’s also waterproof up to depths of 40m.
The Wi-fi and Bluetooth connectivity allow users to join the camera with a smartphone via the GoPro app, which in turns allows for remote control of the camera as well as instant trimming and sharing of videos.
Additional photo modes include Time Lapse and 5-Photos Per Second, while Auto Low Light mode adjusts for optimal low light performance. The GoPro QuikCapture mode is also incorporated, allowing users to power up and start recording with the camera with the press of a single button.
The new GoPro Hero+ is priced at £170, and will be available from October 4.
New Lower-Cost GoPro makes Capturing and Sharing Engaging Life-Content more Accessible
$199.99 HERO+ adds Wi-Fi Connectivity for Quick Mobile Sharing of Great Moments HERO4 Session Now Available for $299.99
SAN MATEO, CALIF. (Sept. 28, 2015) – GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO), enabler of some of today’s most engaging content, is making capturing and sharing immersive, on-the-go content more accessible than ever with the release of its new Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® enabled HERO+ camera. At $199.99 MSRP, the HERO+ is waterproof and mountable as well as compatible with GoPro’s vast array of mounts and accessories. It captures stunning 1080p60 and 720p60 video and 8MP single, Time Lapse and Burst photos with the same impressive image quality that GoPro has become famous for. HERO+ most notably features Wi-Fi which allows it to connect with GoPro’s mobile app and benefit from convenient tools such as a Trim & Share feature that allows the user to quickly create and share short video clips across leading social media channels.
HERO+ rounds out an exciting 2015 GoPro lineup that now boasts the new and impossibly small and simple to use HERO4 Session at a more accessible price of $299.99 MSRP. These two exciting devices complement the industry leading HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver to provide a wide array of options for those looking to GoPro this holiday season:
- HERO4 Black: Pro-quality capture. Simply the best. $499.99
- HERO4 Silver: High-performance capture. Touch-display convenience. $399.99
- HERO4 Session: GoPro Performance, Simplified. $299.99
- HERO+LCD: The perfect entry-level GoPro + Wi-Fi + touch-display convenience. $299.99
- HERO+: The perfect entry-level GoPro + Wi-Fi. $199.99
- HERO: The perfect entry-level GoPro. $129.99
HERO+ is integrated into an ultra-durable waterproof housing that delivers GoPro’s legendary durability and versatility.
“Whether mounted to a weather balloon floating 100,000 feet above the earth to capture a sunrise across the stratosphere or in the hands of a child recording their backyard tree house adventures, HERO+ is built to capture your imagination wherever it takes you,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro’s founder and CEO. “Even as we continue to raise the bar for our highest performing cameras like HERO4 Black, Silver and Session, we remain committed to developing simplified products like HERO+ that make GoPro life-capture accessible to everyone.”
HERO+ will be available at authorized retailers around the world and on GoPro.com beginning October 4, 2015. Key features include:
- Stunning and immersive 1080p60 and 720p60 video
- 8MP photos with Single, Time Lapse and 5 Photos-per-Second Burst modes
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connect to GoPro App and Smart Remote
- Rugged, durable and waterproof to 131’ (40m)
- Integrated camera + housing design
- QuikCapture enables power-up and recording start with the press of a single button
- HiLight Tag lets you mark key moments while recording
- SuperView™ captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle field of view
- Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance
- Built-in microphone
- Wearable and Mountable, Compatible with GoPro’s vast array of mounts and accessories