1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zoom lens for Sony a7ii

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by Murray., Aug 1, 2017.

1. Murray.

Murray. New Member

Hi everyone. I have a Sony a7ii and am looking for a zoom lens. My local camera store have me in a dilemma;

Sony Zeiss 24-70 f4
    Or
    Canon 24-70 f4 with Sigma mc-11 adaptor.

I tried both, the Zeiss is slightly faster but the Canon looked good. Reviews say maybe the Canon is sharper.

Does anyone have experience...

Thanks.

2. It depends on your budget! The 24-70 Sony/Zeiss is not perfect, but the newer 24-70 f2.8 G Master is damn good, and apparently in a different league. I have a horrible feeling that I can see one in my future, to replace the Sony 28-70 f3.5 - 5.6 I currently have, which is fine, but not perfect. Reviews I read at the time I bought that suggested that it was possibly as good as the Sony/Zeiss, and a damn sight cheaper, and hence better value for money. I am often photographing in very poor light, so a larger aperture is of some importance to me, and at the moment I find myself swapping between my Zeiss Batis 25/f2, and my Sony/Zeiss 55/1.8, both of which are very sharp indeed.