1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zoom in on this ‘53-billion-pixel’ photo and prepare to be wowed

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Jul 6, 2016.

1. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I don't mean to sound cynical, but am I the only one who detects a subtle hint of bovine excrement with this story?

700 shots from the same location - OK that's fair enough - but what I can't work out is how any shot from that location could show the Bentley badge in the car on the bridge to the point of being able to see the stitching...what sort of lens were they using?

As you get closer to the car it becomes more confusing still, with the car as sharp as a tack but the bridge support cables both in front of and behind it blurred.

If I were the suspicious type I'd suggest that the 700 shot photograph of the bridge was fair enough, but might theorise that the photograph of the car was taken from a) a much closer vantage point and b) had been added into the larger photograph afterwards.

I'd be interested to hear what any other budding photographic detectives think.

Cheers, Jeff

3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

That's just plain silly :eek:
    Not you Jeff, the image

4. Fishboy

There also seems to be a degree of disparity between the shadows of the lamp posts on the bridge and the shadow of the car.

Nope - I'm calling shenanigans on this whole thing. I even went back and checked the date to make sure that it wasn't taken on April 1st.

Cheers, Jeff

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Not tempted. It is bad enough spotting dust off of a a 12 MP pixel image at 1:1.

6. Craig20264

Has anyone ever seen that bridge that devoid of traffic?....Just sayin' :confused:

7. Fishboy

If somebody had removed all of the traffic from the picture in post, that might explain why not all of the lamp posts have shadows...

8. Craig20264

Ah but the shadow/reflection of the bridge in the water seems to be on the wrong side too :confused: