1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZoneZero

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by mertonia, Apr 21, 2007.

1. mertonia

mertonia Well-Known Member

Has any one come across these pages of Zonezero reputed to be the largest photographic web site on the web.

Knowing i was going to meet the author today I have been looking at it for a few days now and find it very interesting

from the site
    ZoneZero © is dedicated to photography. Its name intends to be a metaphor for the journey from analog to digital image making. One of the references comes from "The Zone System" a fine example of the analog heritage in photography made so famous by Ansel Adams. From the analog dark room we are now moving to the digital one; where everything analog is transformed into digits represented through the infinite combinations of either zeros or ones.

By the way Pedro Meyer is a very interesting guy with some great photographs
    web page

peter

2. bazzah

bazzah Member

3. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Yes Frank Horvat's one of the great allrounders - I remember sitting in a cafe in Paris quite a few years ago and got that odd feeling that I'd been there before, it was only recently that it all became clear . . . . this is where I was . . . . . in Au Chien Qui Fume :)

AlanW.

4. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Just love the so-politically incorrect name of that place! :D

5. mertonia

mertonia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the site info - i have had a quick look but found it difficult to navigate. Will have a good luck later - cheers

peter

6. bazzah

bazzah Member

Hello Peter,Horvat's site isn't the easiest to navigate I know but one of the most interesting subjects is the series of interviews - Entrevues - he did with his contemporaries when he believed he was losing his sight.
    Have a good read.
    Am an exiled Mancunian.
    Barry.