1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zinio subscription - nearly 3 times more than last year!

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by stephenjd, Jul 13, 2012.

1. stephenjd

stephenjd Well-Known Member

I have subscribed to AP through Zinio for the past 2 years. The first year it was just under £30, last year it was just over £30, this year a massive £50 increase to £79.99. Now I dont mind the price increasing a little, but that is just taking the proverbial:mad:.

One less subscriber - I'll just read it in WHSmiths.

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Welcome to these forums Stephen. Tell us a bit more about yourself please.

Nice first post too (Sounds like another Grumpy Old Fart)

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

so they got you hooked but you slipped off the gaff.

4. Molendinar

Molendinar Well-Known Member

Wow. That's outrageous. I was considering subscribing digitally on the iPad, but won't be doing so at that price...

5. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

I just bought my first issue via Zinio. I just bought the current issue, rather than subscribing, to make sure I was happy with the presentation/usability of Zinio, and to confirm it worked OK on my phone and tablet.

I was rather annoyed after clicking on the "Buy - £1.99" button for the magazine to find in the email confirmation that the actual price charged is £2.39 - nowhere that I could see on the app (Android) did it say that the price excluded VAT.

I've since checked on the web and the £79.99 subscription is also exc VAT, so would actually be ~£96

(Still a good deal, I admit, but certainly not transparent if you're using the app to purchase directly rather than the website)

6. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

:D I once saw someone using his smartphone to snap the pages he was interested in reading at a later date.

7. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Ah, OK - so I can't read :eek:

It does say on the final confirmation screen (where you need to re-enter your password to confirm payment) that "Price subject to applicable taxes (VAT)"

It doesn't show the total price (£2.39) though - all the app ever displayed was the £1.99 price (and it didn't specify that this was an 'exc VAT' price until that final confirmation, which is after you've decided to buy...)

8. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

(AP and mod hat off)... Hmmm? What if were your (AN Others) photograph hanging - for sale - in a exhibition?

As for the OP it is beyond my remit :)